Monday, January 25, 2010

I never thought I would be excited over a grocery store opening!

Ok, it's official. I am getting old! Or at least content, that might be a better choice of words.

I was picking up a few essentials yesterday for my husband, you know, chips, dip etc... All the creature comforts he requires in order to watch the games, and there it was. A big sign announcing that my little "Boutique" Harris Teeter at the Lassiter at North Hills would be closing at 6:00 pm on February 9th, and the new "Grande" one would open at 10:00 am on February 10th! I could hardly contain my excitment.

Don't get me wrong, with two small children, who are already in a ton of activities (let's save that for another blog), I have a very full filling and might I add, busy, life. But the center of my world ( besides my children) is Midtown. We do everything here: dinner, movies, Sunday lunch, shopping. So when I am having a party or cooking for a crowd, what can't get at Costco, I drop into my local grocery store. The downfall of a boutique market is that you don't have the selection that you do at a full grocery. So if you need a particular item, you sometimes have to make a trip to (gasp!) the store at Falls and Spring Forest. That's just too far of a drive for me.

The new store promises all types of goodies. Salad bar, hot foods bar, seafood bar, pharmacy, more organic produce and choices (this is a particular favorite of mine!) and the list goes on and one. And it's going to be two stories! Imagine that, grocery shopping on multi-levels. Be still my heart!

Just another great reason to live in Raleigh's Midtown!

No comments: